Help us race to the moon!
The children of Coopers Lane Primary School will go on an epic space race to the moon. Which class will reach the moon first? And will the children beat the teachers?
How do you get involved?
The students will fuel their tube train space ship with active travel hours. Here’s how to take part:
- Join the school club on Strava
- Sign up to get the results each week, and don’t forget to get sponsored!
- Record all of your active travel journeys – that’s cycling, scooting, walking, skating and wheeling
We will add up all the journeys each week to see how far each class has traveled. Our mini astronauts have 4 weeks to reach the moon and the leaderboard results will be released weekly – sign up to be kept up to date.
Have fun, get active and win some awesome prizes whilst raising vital funds for our amazing school. All monies raised will be used to support our fabulous new school library.
1 – Set Up Strava
We’ll be tracking our active travel using the free Strava app. Please see the video instructions below for how to set it up, secure your account and join our group. If you prefer text instructions, or if you have more than one child participating, please click here.
2 – Track Our Astronauts!
We will update the Moonshot leaderboard once every week so you can see how far each class has traveled. To receive the results, please enter your email address below to receive email updates from the PTA.
3 – Start Recording!
Once you’ve set up the Strava app and signed up for updates, you’re all set to record your active travel and help us on our trip to the moon.
Here are some tips on how to make sure you get the best results from the Moonshot:
- DO set up the Strava app, and accept the follow request from Jacks Lampon. Jacks is the club coach and will calculate your statistics.
- DO remember to record all journeys as a “Ride”
- DO remember to use the app with parent or carer supervision at all times
- DO remember to stop your activity tracker once the children have been dropped off at school
- DO get friends and family to sponsor you and raise money for the new school library
- DON’T use a parent’s Strava account or record their solo activities to the club!
- DON’T share your login data with anyone
- DON’T record journeys in any kind of motorised vehicle
- DON’T upload photos of children to your account, even as a profile photo
- DON’T forget to have a great time, and ask for help if you need it!
For the full rules of the Moonshot competition, click here.
4 – Get Sponsored!
Don’t forget to ask friends and family to sponsor your journey to the moon. All monies raised from sponsorship or donations are managed by the PTA, a registered charity, and will be put towards the school’s new library.
The Coopers Lane Moonshot is supported by Frog Bikes.